Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15zyG6YZr

.

Search & Win
The Breast Cancer Site

10.15.2008

Speed Scrap 10.15

Well I am so proud of myself tonight. I completed, as in created and uploaded, a full Speed Scrap at Scrap Matters. I have tried 3 times I think and never got it done in time so huge achievement for me. Woohoo! I actually love my LO too. Most of my LO uses Ellie Lash's Edward freebie from her blog. Go check it out, especially if you are a Twilight Fan!!!

Here are the instructions we had (and they started out scary):
1. Choose ONLY one photo. Crop it an unusual way…make it an extreme close up, or narrow, or even cut part of your subject off…just make sure it’s cropped. AND make it pop…work on the color, the shadows, the depth, etc…make it shine.
2. Choose as many papers as you want, but they must be solids, no patterns. Make sure they REALLY complement your photo.
3. I want to prepare you for the next steps, so, rather than telling you what to do, I am going to tell you what NOT to do. No frame for your photo, no journaling, no word art, and no quotes. This is going to be all about your photo and the embellishments. Take this time to make your photo really stand out.
4. Create an element cluster (any size, any elements) and place it on your page UNDER your photo.
5. Choose an element or two (it can be the same element in different colors) and scatter it across your page…glitter, sequins, flowers, whatever. BUT, you must keep at least 1/3 of your page EMPTY.
6. Embellish as much as you want, over, under, whatever….but don’t forget rule #5 and keep at least 1/3 of your page empty. Embrace the white space.
7. Add a small tag and attach it to your photo. Add the date. If you want, you may add a SHORT title (no more than three words).

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Ok, I am going to try that speed scrap challenge tomorrow night. That is 7 pm my time, so my poor husband will have to take care of the kids all by himself. hehehe.

Unknown said...

And by the way, Happy Aniversery

Channon said...

That is a great page. Ellie's Twilight freebies have been fun. My husband and I are getting ready to celebrate our 8th next month. time goes fast. Where did you get married? I see that you are from SanDiego. That is where me and my husband got married.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...